To give blood to a person in need is called Blood Donation. There is 5 to 6 litres of blood in a normal person’s body. During blood donation, 300 ml blood is taken out. The body then adjusts the deficient blood within 24 to 48 hours. Almost 7 percent of the weight of a human is that of blood. Three lives can be saved by just one unit of blood.
Why is blood donation important?
- One can save the life of another by blood donation.
- Blood cannot be produced outside body and there is no option for it.
- Our country needs almost 4 crore units of 250cc blood every year. Only 5,00,000 units of blood is available.
- 7% of our body weight is blood.
- According to data, more than 25 percent people need blood in the whole life.
Benefits of Blood Donation
- It reduces the risk of heart attack.
- Doctors believe that blood donation makes blood thinner which is good for heart.
- According to a new research, regular blood donation reduces the dangers of cancer and other diseases because it throws out poisonous substances from the body.
- After blood donation bone marrow produces red cells. Due to this the body gets new blood cells.
- Blood donation is a safe and healthy tradition. It takes 21 days to make whole blood taken,in the body again. Blood volume in the body becomes full in 24 to 72 hours.
Important Things Before Blood Donation
There is a mini blood test before blood donation, in witch the hemoglobin test, blood pressure and weight are taken. After donating blood the hepatitis B and C, HIV, syphilis and malaria etc. are tested. The symptoms of these diseases are found not to donate blood with the blood of the person is notified immediately. Lack of awareness is the only cause of anemia.
- Men and women over 18 years of age, weighing 50 kg or more, can donate blood three to four times in the year.
- If only 3 percent of those eligible to donate blood, take blood will recover blood shortage in the country and premature deaths can be prevented.
- Before and a few hours after donating blood should avoid smoking.
- A man who had donated blood 24 to 48 hours before the blood donation should not drink.
- To ask before donating blood must answer all questions correctly and clearly.
Note: After donating blood, you can work the same as before. By this body is not lacking in any way.
The blood donation / blood can be obtained from here
Damodar youth organization authorized by the Society for providing blood, will immediately arrange blood in necessary. Also M. Y. Hospital Blood Bank provides blood in the emergency.
In the emergency contact Damodar youth organization Mr. Ashok Nayak phone number 9200250000 and M Y Hospital blood bank phone number (0731) 2527301